Newlands Primary School

Newlands Primary School
The generous LORD NEWLANDS donated this fine building in1896. He instructed the stonemasons to carve 'NEWLANDS PUBLIC SCHOOL' into the sandstone. Welcome all visitors! Click on the link "COMMENTS" below each Post to read what others have to say. And leave a Comment of your own too while you're here!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

MARGARET WATSON TURNS UP - NOW WHERE'S FIONA?

One more missing DUX MEDAL winner has found her way to our wee Newlands Blog. We'll gladly publish her photo as well, if she sends it to us here at the blog.

Here is Margaret Watson's e-mail..... If you remember Margaret or can help her, you can email us (Editor/Admin) or contact Margaret directly via her e-mail address given below

Margaret Watson writes.......Regarding the DUX MEDALLISTS, I discovered this website last night and it brought back so many happy memories for me.
I was Dux of Newlands in 1971 along with a girl called FIONA. Are there any photographs of the Dux Board for that date? I would love to show it to my children as my Dux Medal was lost by a relative and consequently my children have never seen it.
I was also chuffed when a photo of my old house was shown. Its the top floor flat of the tenement on London Road at Silverdale Street. Happy Memories!

Margaret Watson..... wmargaret69@yahoo.co.uk

(*Editor: Margaret, we're happy that you found both the blog and the photo of your childhood flat at the same time. Please send us any photos you still have so we can Post them for everyone to enjoy.)

1 comment:

Margaret watson said...

Forgot to add my maiden name was wood...xx

 

Web Counters
Hit Counter