Newlands Primary School

Newlands Primary School
The generous LORD NEWLANDS donated this fine building in1896. He instructed the stonemasons to carve 'NEWLANDS PUBLIC SCHOOL' into the sandstone. Welcome all visitors! Click on the link "COMMENTS" below each Post to read what others have to say. And leave a Comment of your own too while you're here!

Friday, January 11, 2008

OLD TIMES AROUND CRAIL STREET.......by RAMSAY MILLEN

Ramsay Millen, a former Newlands Primary scholar who has been living in Australia for more than 60 years sent email with some of his thoughts of the old familiar places........

......Ramsay writes: ......" Casting my mind back to school days at Newlands Primary, and then Eastbank Academy, I realize it's been sixty-odd years since I left the district around the Parkhead area and I would presume its beyond my recognition now. Ah, but in my mind it retains its magnetic hold on me!

Many of my friends from pre-war times (WW2) have most likely gone tae their just rewards now as my wife and I are well up in our Eighties ourselves, but I do sometimes wonder who is still around.

It makes me appreciate what a marvellous invention the Personal Computer is. I wish it had been around just after the War. Tracing long lost pals and even auld flames would have been quite simple then. Still, there is just a possibility that there could be an old school pal from the early years, still living around Parkhead or from around Crail Street who might be online and get in touch with me via this Newlands Blog.

I had best desist from days of yore, they jist make yi greet. Yours Faithfully.

by........RAMSAY MILLEN, living in AUSTRALIA.

No comments:

 

Web Counters
Hit Counter