Newlands Primary School

Newlands Primary School
The generous LORD NEWLANDS donated this fine building in1896. He instructed the stonemasons to carve 'NEWLANDS PUBLIC SCHOOL' into the sandstone. Welcome all visitors! Click on the link "COMMENTS" below each Post to read what others have to say. And leave a Comment of your own too while you're here!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Newlands Class of 1967 (Confirmed by Lesley Hunt)

We were recently furnished with this old class photo by email from EDDIE GRUMMETT. Eddie has not yet been able to provide detailed information other than this:
(Eddie writes........Here's an old school photo from a bit later than the others shown on the Newlands Blog. It's Circa 1968 +/- 2 years. I'm not even sure if you have any readers from such "later years" !)
After posting this photo, we were contacted by "Lesley Hunt" who is in the photo (Row B, No 10) and she is confident that the date of the photo is 1967, so we will take her word for it. I have added the table below of some of the names that we have so far. We hope they are correct, if you know any different please let us know.


.............Pupil list for the Newlands 1967 Class.


CLICK ON THE LIST
FOR A LARGER VIEW OF IT.


Then use the BACK button.



If YOU see yourself in the picture, or know anyone else in the picture, please advise us asap so we can add the right names. Eddie forgot to mention to us whether he himself is in this old school photo. If you can shed any light on this nice-looking group of weans from Newlands around the late 1960's, please either email Admin OR add Your own Comment below by Clicking on the word "COMMENTS" shown beneath this Post.

( You can also CLICK ON THE PHOTO for a slightly larger view. Then use the BACK button. )

* Our Thanks to Eddie Grummett for sending this class photo to be added to our growing collection about Newlands Primary School. And YES Eddie, this blog is regularly Discovered and Read by bloggers young and old from everywhere on the Planet (almost), contrary to your suspicions that you are the Youngest blogger on here!

Irene McKechnie (B2) added on 26/07/2010 - Sorry for the delay Rene.

William Reid added a comment saying that he was position "A11" this has got me confused as there are only 5 kids in the front row "A" so I assume that he meant "A5" but I will not add his name to the list until he confirms it. I have now added Hugh Reid at A3 is he any relation to William Reid ? Also, Hugh said the teacher was Miss Christie ?
William also feels that the photo was taken in 1965 can anybody confirm this ?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim lloyd who is in there somewhere said....

"John Clark is third from the right in the top row,Billy Traynor is fourth from the left in the top row,unfortunately I can't remember which one is Douglas Pearson. John Sideserf is right in the centre of the second back row on the right of him is Carol Ralston? at the end of the row on the right is Jimmy McGuiness who's cousin Bobby is on the other side of you in the front row ? to the right of John Clark as you look at the photo I think is Robert Shields,in front of John is James Morrison,first on the left of the second row from the front I think the girls name was Jennie Johnston,Third from left in the back row is William Galloway who left Newlands to go to another primary"

Renee said...

Oh my goodness I have identified myself. Row B2 Irene McKechnie The date is around 1967 as my family moved to Sandyhills in that year.

Anonymous said...

My name is William Reid and i'm in row A #11. I left to go to Eastkilbride in January 1966 so this is probably 1965. i think the teacher is miss Taylor

Hugh reid said...

My name is Hugh Reid and it seem's i am the one sitting at bottom center although the pic is a bit damaged with wear and my face is not showing to good. I showed it to one of my aunts and she said it is definately me. I think the teacher may have been Miss Christie.

 

Web Counters
Hit Counter